"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than you." -Dr. Seuss

Monday, December 31, 2012

Introducing Blue Belle......

On November 4, 2012 I was in a car accident and my car was totaled.  I was okay, but was faced with the daunting task of replacing my car.  I have only had my license since July of 2005 and my first car was a gift from my parents.  My car was a 2001 Dodge Stratus with only 60,000.

I really struggled with spending that much money on something that just was not important to me.  A car has always been a way to get me to one place or another.  I don't LOVE driving and really miss living in a city where public transportation is easy and accessible. 

I narrowed down my options and decided I was either going to buy a Honda Accord or Honda CRV.  Thankfully my parents were able to go with me and help me remember to ask questions I would not have thought to ask.  I finally settled on the CRV EX Moutain Air Blue.

So here is my FIRST new car....

3 comments:

  1. Nice car! Its color gives it a classic appeal that is not too manly or feminine. Anyway, it’s good to know that you recovered well after your accident. Even though you’re not fond of driving, I still hope you’re having the time of life driving your car in the streets and on the highways.

    Erwin Calverley

    ReplyDelete
  2. The accident just happened about four months ago, and I hope you’ve fully recovered from that. You know, a car is not just really a mode of transportation ‘cause I believe it can also be a means for your family to bond, especially when you go on a road trip. You have a lovely car here, and I hope you’ll still enjoy driving even after that incident. I know there are some sights on the road that you will be happy to see.

    -- Michelina Douglass

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was in a car accident almost a month before you and I’m so glad that the insurance company paid for my new car. At this moment, I’m already enjoying my new Chevy. Since I’m already afraid of getting in an accident again, I do a lot of maintenance and check-ups before I pursue a road trip to make sure that the car is going to be safe. It’s been working very nice lately and I’m starting to love driving again!

    [ Mickey Doshi ]

    ReplyDelete