"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than you." -Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Bucket List Item: Enter A Photo Contest

I have always loved taking pictures.  I have boxes and boxes of pictures I have taken.  My first camera was the Fischer Price camera.  It was blue and black and took the old school rolls of film. 

I recently went from a Canon 35 mm Rebel SLR to a Canon Rebel T1 Digital SLR.  I struggled with making the transition because I loved my good ole film camera.  There is definitely a difference in the quality of print that comes from digital versus film.  As I mentioned in a previous blog, I am now taking a photography class so I can better familiarize myself with "Darlene" (yes I named my new camera).  My goal is to no longer use the auto feature on the camera and shoot strictly with the manual function. 

When I was visiting my pal BJ in Cleveland, we went to the zoo.  I LOVE zoos!  After he saw some of my pictures, he encouraged me to enter them into the Cleveland MetroParks Zoo annual photo contest.  Now, I don't live in Ohio or any place within driving distance to the zoo, so the prizes are not beneficial to me at all......but I am not entering the contest to win the prizes.  I love shooting pics of animals and trying to capture their personality (I know.....hard to do with a "caged" animal.).   I hope that I will be able to master taking pics of animals that are in a confined area so when I finally make it to Africa, I will be able to shoot pics, of animals roaming freely, with ease.

The pics in the blog are the ones I entered into the contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment