"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than you." -Dr. Seuss

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

BucketList: Visit 1 MLB Ballpark Every Year

Some may find it ironic that this is one of my bucket list items because 12 years ago, I was not a huge baseball fan.  I have to give credit to an old friend in TX for my passion for baseball.  He challenged my RedSox knowledge daily (I have to admit.....I would read up on the team only because I had a crush on him and I wanted to impress him).  So a big thank you to Andy for getting me hooked on baseball!

Baseball quickly became something I looked forward and relied on for stress relief.  When I moved to California and met my best friend Adam, baseball was always the one thing that would bring us back together if there was a strain between us.  Going to a ballgame always seemed to make things better.

My goal is to visit all 30 MLB parks. I have visited 18 ballparks, but 4 of them have since closed so I still have 16 to go...... I guess 47% isn't so bad!  I had planned to get to Minneapolis last year for the final year at the Metrodome, but just couldn't squeeze it in.  Next year I have to get to Miami for the final season at Sun Life Stadium.  Marlins Ballpark is scheduled to open in 2012.

 Ballparks Visited
  1. Boston Red Sox: Fenway Park 
  2. Texas Rangers: Ballpark in Arlington 
  3. Oakland Athletics: Coliseum 
  4. San Francisco Giants: AT&T Park 
  5. Los Angeles Dodgers: Dodger Stadium 
  6. Los Angeles Angels: Angels Stadium 
  7. St. Louis Cardinals: Busch Stadium (did not attend a game) 
  8. Baltimore Orioles: Camden Yard 
  9. Milwaukee Brewers: Miller Park 
  10. Tampa Bay Rays: Tropicana Field 
  11. Seattle Mariners: Safeco Field 
  12. Atlanta Braves: Turner Field 
  13. New York Mets: Shea Stadium
  14. New York Yankees: Yankee Stadium (old) 
  15. Washington Nationals: RFK 
  16. Philadelphia Phillies: Citizens Bank Park  
  17. Washington Nationals: Nationals Park 
  18. Cleveland Indians: Progressive Field
Remaining Ballparks to Visit
  1.  Arizona Diamond Backs: Chase Field  
  2. Chicago White Sox: U.S. Cellular Field 
  3. Chicago Cubs: Wrigley Field 
  4. Cincinnati Reds: Great American Ball Park 
  5. Detroit Tigers: Comerica Park 
  6. Colorado Rockies: Coors Field 
  7. Kansas City Royals: Kauffman Stadium 
  8. Florida Marlins: Sun Life Stadium 
  9. Houston Astros: Minute Maid Park 
  10. Minnesota Twins: Target Field 
  11. New York Yankees: Yankee Stadium (new) 
  12. New York Mets: Citi Field 
  13. Pittsburgh Pirates: PNC Park 
  14. San Diego Padres: PETCO Park 
  15. Toronto Blue Jays: Rogers Centre 
  16. St. Louis Cardinals: Busch Stadium
A big thank you to Beej for going with me to Progressive Field.  I know baseball is not your favorite thing, but it meant a lot that you made it happen for me!



 



No comments:

Post a Comment