"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than you." -Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Crafting for a Cause

Over the past 5 years I have begun to really embrace my Catholic upbringing.  I have spent a large portion of my adulthood trying to figure out what I believed and what I didn't believe.  I have always struggled with organized religion and still see many of the flaws, but I am able to see past those flaws and celebrate the positives.

I have always believed in a higher power and the power of prayer, I just haven't always turned to church to find that power.  I just know that when I am able to find the quiet within, I am usually pulled in the right direction.  I will never forget the day I found out I had a miscarriage.  I was walking on Market Street in San Francisco and the next thing I knew I was walking into a church.  I really don't remember making a conscious decision to go to the church, but there I was.  I believe in signs and the power of prayer.  I believe that when you open your heart and give to others, you get back tenfold!

Through my journey towards religious identity, I have found a group of people that I know I can count on when I need a prayer said for either me, my family or a friend.  I wanted to do something to acknowledge their prayers and thank them for everything they have done for me. 

I have always been crafty, but have recently begun making jewelry and other crafty things again.  I decided that I wanted to attempt to make Rosary Beads for those people who take the time to say a prayer when I ask them to, and even when I don't ask!

Here is my first attempt!

1 comment:

  1. I have decided to make at least 5 rosaries to send to the troops overseas!

    ReplyDelete