"Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than you." -Dr. Seuss

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Baking Goodness......

When I lived in California, I never lacked people to try out my cooking on......I lived next door to a group of guys that had big appetites and I knew I could always get them to eat!  My best friend would also occasionally host his D&D sessions at my place so there was another group of guys to cook for.  I miss hosting dinner parties, murder mystery dinners and various holiday dinners.  I love to cook and bake, but HATE doing it for just one person.  I am not a big fan of left overs, but have forced myself start cooking again and eat left overs. 

I still don't know how to cook for just one, but I have stopped letting that stop me from cooking.  I grew up learning to cook from a mother who cooks like a true Italian and makes food enough for armies of people!

Recently my Assistant Manager shared with me a blog that one of her friends is doing about baking and blogging.  She shared it with me because she knows I like to bake and share food with people.  I am a messy cook so I didn't want to take pictures of the process (Not to mention the lighting in my basement apartment is terrible!).  I looked at the list of cupcakes and although there were several I wanted to try, I decided to start on two flavors and see where that led me.

I decided to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes and Vanilla Almond Maple Cupcakes. Here is the link where I found the recipes: http://mingmakescupcakes.yolasite.com/.  I think next weekend I am going to do the Chocolate Cupcakes with Chambord Frosting.

Because my waistline can not afford to keep all these cupcakes in the house, they will be going to work with me tomorrow.  Hope my staff likes them!
Vanilla Almond Maple Cupcake

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcake

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate cupcakes with chambord frosting!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So....the vanilla almond cupcakes are yummy, but the peanut ones are not my fav!

    ReplyDelete